Interested in joining our fabric-obsessed team?
Water Tower Textiles is an on-trend, knit apparel fabric store committed to inspiring and equipping you to sew great-fitting, flattering clothes for yourself, your loved ones and your customers, by providing a quality fabric at affordable price, excellent customer service, timely order fulfillment and in person/online training.
Water Tower Textiles seeks to build community, inspire and equip our customers, visitors, and team members to make their mark on the world. We are not a workplace where you just show up, put in your time and leave. We are a close-knit team, and passionate about what we do, investing in each other’s lives. We will challenge you to grow and learn, to use your gifts and abilities to reach your dreams while building an phenomenal company.
We are currently in the throes of preparing for holidays sales, and will be relocating our sewing space to it’s own room. However, in the new year we will be looking for the following:
- passionate about inspiring and equipping others
- patient, encouraging
- empathetic with those who struggle with body image
- willing to learn new things
- interest in current trends and styles
- experienced sewing many types of knit garments and fabric
- familiar with downloading, printing, assembling and sewing with PDF patterns
- well-versed in the techniques used in today’s modern PDF patterns
- proficient with a sewing machine and serger
- comfortable blending sizes for fit, and troubleshooting fit issues
Technical, Coordinating and Marketing
- promote sewing lessons online and answer questions in FB groups
- stay up to date on new and popular PDF sewing patterns, follow popular pattern groups
- plan & organize classes, create class calendar
- responsible for creating on-brand print and online marketing material for sewing lessons
Some additional training provided, assistant teacher may be available, flexible class times.
Please bring your resume and cover letter in person to the showroom.
We are a growing company and will be adding to our team as we expand. We are interested in passionate, creative people who are willing to learn and want to invest in others. Please feel free to bring in a resume and speak with us about the unique passion you can bring to our team.