Interested in joining our fabric-obsessed team?
We are hiring!
Order Processing Team Lead – Maternity Leave Position
Water Tower Textiles is an online and brick & mortar knit apparel fabric store committed to excellent customer care, quality fabric, and timely order fulfillment.
Water Tower Textiles seeks to build community, inspire and equip others, and make a difference in the world. We are not a workplace you show up to, put in your time and leave. We are a close-knit team, and passionate about what we do. We will challenge you to grow and learn, to use your gifts and abilities further the company and yourself.
- Strong leadership skills.
- A get-it-done, take initiative personality.
- Motivated to accept additional responsibility as the company grows.
- Eagerness to learn, grow the company and better yourself.
- Able to repeatedly lift 40-50 pounds, including bending/reaching to remove/return heavy 5 foot rolls from high and low shelves.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, and excellent interpersonal skills
- Work well with a close-knit team and participate in the workplace culture.
- Experience using various computer applications, with an aptitude to quickly learn new programs.
- Willingness to learn other positions and fill in as needed.
- Strict avoidance of gossip with/about team members, customers and others.
- Set up, organize and oversee order fulfillment process each day.
- Measure, cut & fold fabric according to orders.
- Ensure order accuracy, package orders & creating shipping labels before pick up deadline.
- Contact customers with any order issues and respond to customer inquiries.
- Learn and memorize 600+ fabrics.
- Keep inventory up to date.
- Maintain accurate records as required.
- Suggest and implement ways to improve efficiency and accuracy of warehouse operations.
- Help receive & unpackage new shipments.
- Keep warehouse organized & tidy.
Part time (20-30 hours a week) starting at 8:30 am Monday to Friday, with occasional evening or Saturday shift required. This is a maternity leave position, with the possibility of a permanent position as the company grows. Starts between April 5-12.